Daniel Asano (Pastor,TLCCC New York Church)
Hallelujah. Praise the name of the Lord. Thank you very much for your intercessory prayers and offerings.
Our church was asked to move out of the place for the worship service by the end of August, earlier than we expected. Thanks to God, we have been renting a classroom of a prep school at affordable price in the mid-Manhattan over four years, but the school decided to extend class on Saturday and Sunday until 4 pm. We accepted their request to move out readily since we have been praying for a larger space for service. We think that God’s time has come for us to move forward.
On the Sunday when we were asked to leave, in the service, we showed a short video: “Christian Key Point in One Minuit” titled “Miracle through thanksgiving.” It spoke about the testimony of provision of the largest space for worship service when the church in Tokyo had had no place to hold a service as a result of giving thanks in that situation together with the church members and believing that there was a wonderful plan of God behind it. God really encouraged us through this video.
We couldn’t think of any place or any connection to turn to for help, but the Pastor’s wife of the Korean Church who had been scheduled to move out the current space earlier than our church kindly told us that we could also possibly rent a space in American Presbyterian Church where they would rent their space.
The next Sunday we went there just to take a look but a member of the Korean Church was there talking with the American Presbyterian Church staff and introduced us to them. We ended up talking specifically about a possibility of renting a space and learned that their chapel was available between 9:00 and 10:15 am. That was an answer to our prayer for a larger suitable space for worship service. We were amazed by it.
However, rent was more expensive than we expected and time was restricted; those are some of the unanswered prayer. So we earnestly prayed and sought for confirmation of God’s will. That day an intense thunder storm with lightning occurred and the day after that a rainbow appeared just as I asked in prayer for a sign. We gave thanks for those.
Yet we continue to pray for talk further with the American Church about time and rent, seeking His will. We’d like to ask you to pray for the work at a new worship service place, starting in September.
1. For praying, listening to and obey God thoroughly and correctly
2. For thorough giving thanks, praising and rejoicing
3. For works through the Internet and through praise bands
4. For the next U.S. team
5. For messages according to God’s will and online services
6. That those who are in God’s will would be gathered
7. For the prophecy class and the work of the gifts of the Holy Spirit
8. For Church School and a new worship service place
9. For cooperative relationships according to God’s will, specifically with the Jews,; and for works in the U.S., Middle and South American, and Europe
10. For our health and finance, and protection from accidents and terrorism
11. For our English skills
NY Church Web-site http://tokyo.antioch.jp/muti-lang/eng/contents/link/index.htm